I have long advocated Linkedin as the business networking site of choice – and to my surprise, this turned up in my inbox as they hit the 200 million member mark. I must be doing something right so thought I would share a couple of tips in getting your profile up and working for you as a vital element of building your Personal & Leadership Brand:
- As with all social and digital media, keep your profile up to date;
- Upload your address book and connect with your contacts;
- Keep it light, talk about your passions and what inspires you;
- Add content that adds value to others – give a little consistently and it will serve you well;
- Connect with people who have viewed your profile and always add a personal note;
- Ask people you have worked with for recommendations and do the same for them;
- Last but certainly not least – don’t spam your contacts!